The position of an Operations Service coordinator entails the control and management of the services and ensuring the smooth running of the operations department.
- Opening Quotations from service Enquiries both local and Internationally
- Opening vessel files for confirmed orders in accordance with company procedures
- Corresponding with clients regarding services been carried out and keeping them updated of progress.
- Setting up and coordinating the compiling of documentation and completing service reports.
- Contacting the local shipping agents daily to get updates on the vessel arrivals and departures.
- Closing off of Vessel Files on completion of the Job with the correct and relevant
- The invoicing of the completed Job
- Continuous communication with the Clients throughout the Job as and when required
- Assisting with all other tasks as instructed by the Branch Manager.
- To assist and join the Branch Manager on and with Supplier and Customer meetings where required Qualifications and requirements (Minimum Requirements)
- Grade 12 certificate
- Proficiency in Microsoft ie Word / Excel
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends
- Own reliable transportation
- Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
Lines of communication
The position of the Operations Service Coordinator reports directly to the Branch manager.
Working hours are variable due to the nature of marine operations, it is expected that working overtime/weekends/public holidays etc. is understood and acceptable.
13th Check: Based on a Biannual performance review meeting all the above Criteria
Travel Allowance: – To be discussed, agreed and included in the letter of appointment